Thursday, September 15, 2005

Deviant Art



So even though I haven't been doing any introspective, existential, or soapbox writing - at least none that I will be sharing with you (sorry about that but there are some stuff that would make your head explode if you read them, and neither of us want that) - I thought I should let you in on another hobby of mine that is less dangerous: photography. An image, after all, can also speak volumes and can describe a story, a mood, or a thousand other things. Sometimes a picture can be more powerful than words. I like how a picture can mean something different for everyone who looks at it, as opposed to words which are usually meant to direct you toward the author's purpose. The viewer of the picture interprets the picture based on their own imagination. I love taking pictures in the rare attempt to capture a particularly telling slice of life.

Anyway, there is a wonderful website called deviantart.com where millions of "deviations" are published. I just started my account there but I will be updating it with more and more photos as I take them or design them. If you are at all interested in this stuff, check out my site (http://devilock77.deviantart.com/)and view my gallery. I'd love to hear any feedback (I don't know if you need to be registered or not to do so) so either drop me a line there or here. Just remember, I'm an amateur photographer with an amateur camera so be gentle! And make sure you browse that site, there are some EXTREMLY talented artists on there.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha you arrogant scrodball! Come on and blow my mind then, I'll be waiting.

7:05 PM  
Blogger -R said...

hehe, but when your brain starts drooling out of your ears and nose you'll wish you had listened!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Kyle Wood said...

I liked your "gallery" a lot. I've always liked you profile pic (the spiral staircase)and probably still like it the best. What do you use to modify the pics? I need to get some software to do that myself.

11:36 AM  
Blogger -R said...

Thanks Kyle, and thanks for taking the time to look at my gallery. I use this program called Serif PhotoPlus that is freeware and you can download anywhere. But I wouldn't say it's particularly good, but it can do basic modification. I'd really like to get something a little better now so I can do more advanced stuff. But I don't know which one to get...

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker