Wednesday, August 10, 2005

"I think weed has been involved in at least 85% of all our music." - RZA



Cuban Linx


Redman


Hieroglyphics


Because I really loved seeing Wu-Tang every time I came to this page, I didn’t really want to write anything to move the pics off the screen. Heh. So I figured I’ll just post the rest of the pics I took from the show because some of those are awesome as well and there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be here as well. And since I’ve been busy with my planed departure cross country next week to DC, I’ve decided to share a piece (without permission of course) that I came across during work that I just thought was really good. Working for the UCLA Writing Project, I see lots of people’s writing. So here it is.


“Two Types of Infinity”
Mauricio Sandoval
Polytechnic High School
Sun Valley, CA


A broken nail hanging from the skin
A Picasso painting pulling you in
Infinity does not come in pairs
Unless you count the yin and yang
From where you can’t wait to end it
To the nostalgia of when it began
Let us travel to the future
On the energy of the past
Infinity, what is it to me?
It is the feeling of insignificance
When you approach the starlight sky.
Pulse to pulse.
Take my atoms I don’t need them.
Two types of infinity…
The difference between having your neck under a guillotine
And being an inch from your lover
But being secluded to dreams.
You wait for the collapse of the metal to detach the head from the torso,
As a flower loses a petal
For your lover to slip; lip to lip
Embracing a kiss so sweet
And the collapse is within
Under and vibrating your skin.
Infinity is the unknowing in the stars
And the depth of your lover’s arms.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Wood said...

What is the UCLA writing project? A portfolio entrance criteria? That kids got some talent. Why are you moving to D.C.?

5:37 PM  
Blogger -R said...

Here's their website: www.uclawp.org. They do outreach at local schools, professional development, and hold institutes for both teachers and students. The goal, as you can probably guess, is to enhance their writing ability. The Writing Project is nationwide so there is propabably one in your area too.

I'm going to Georgetown this fall to get my masters in church and state relations. How far is NC from there? If it's not too far, we should get together!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Kyle Wood said...

We do a NC writing assessment in several grades, but I haven't heard of anything specifically called the Writing Project. So, we're both teachers basically too, huh? Weird. Maybe you can come down and do some staff development here and get a free ride down here. That'd be too funny. It's like 6 or 7 hours drive though. You can contact me at jae_kae@msn if you'd like. I'm sure we could get together some time.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker