Wednesday, April 27, 2005

An Exorcism and Dancing with Snakes

You know what I just saw? An exorcism. That's right, you heard me. Demons in people. On TV. Then I saw people get so high off God they danced with snakes. How long has this shit been going on on TV?

The first guy was convinced he was posessed as he tried pills, therapy, and whatever else was recomended to him with no result. Finally he called over his buddies from his church and they all sat around quoting scripture and talking to the guy like he was the devil and all of a sudden he started screaming and cursing and becoming violent. Then, 5 hours later, he said it was gone and he is perfectly normal. Is this simply a result of dementia or group persuation? Can simple beleif in something really make it possible? Or was there actually a demon?

I found this NBC broadcast to be more disturbing than their usual stuff and I asked myself: What could they possibly do to top it? The answer came quick. NBC unleashed the harrowing world of Christian snake handlers. These evangelicals play lots of music, dance themselves into a wild boot-stompin, hand-clappin, 'praise-the-lord' frenzy, then bring out the rattlesnakes and get down. What a way to fuckin party! I mean, I've definelty seen some wild parties, but to party with snakes? If I have a bad night and I go 'all in' at poker and lose all my $$$, that sucks, but imagine coming home with a deadly snake wound? Die a couple hours later? Talk about a bad beat. Do their mothers know that they play with snakes? I bet they'd say 'I wish little Jimmy would've just been a normal boy and gotten into drugs like the rest of the boys...'

Anyway, I just couldn't let this pass me by without saying something about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker