Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Dismantling of Rob's ego

I write all the time. Too often I’d say. I work for the bloody UCLA Writing Project. I’ve been also busy with graduate school apps so when I have some free time I’ve felt less inclined to work on big personal narrative pieces. Therefore, I will showcase this fine following piece that I discovered while inebriated and bored one evening looking through my journal. For I do write almost daily about some kind of philosophical, theological, spiritual, political, historical, or personal issue that happens. If for nothing else, writing so often simply makes me a better writer for school. So the content is actually less important. But it’s a time that I get to just get something out, without formats, without rules, without having to worry about it slipping into the wrong hands. I mean, anyone can read it if I put it up here. And sometimes it’s not the best thing to share your most inner thoughts with people you don’t even know, or even people that you do know. It’s simply risky and unnecessary. Whenever you write for someone else is always different than if you’re just writing for yourself. The manner is different. The topic is different. There’s no need to be sensitive to anyone, “correct” on an issue, responsible to anyone. There are no boundaries. And that’s how writing is meant to be. Raw. Like music, like art, like everything else that’s good. The most unrefined, truly coarse and original stuff is always the best. I’m one of those guys that like demos better than albums. I love live shows.
So I’ve decided to share with you some of my journal writing. What I’ve done is taken the first line off every page and just placed them in sequence. Below they will be separated by “…”. I found some parts to be funny, some boring, others interesting. If you’re into this kind of shit, enjoy, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Unless you’re inebriated. Anything can be interesting then.

I really like this book. Ive been…This is because that individual sees…seeking in this life to never come back…doing the main storytelling. Hip-hop…Americans of this country. Everyone else…everyone who pays taxes should have a vested…and reasons that we are supposed…I am not going to try to force…Important lesson: when all else fails; try love…the case) how could I with a good… They must realize it by themselves…I feel like shit right now. I hate ignorance so…People have always seen my…So I’m done with finals. I am…and do something about the world. Or…This is the first morning that I…I just got back from watching…this generates hatred. And it calls…Well I just have to write this…Fulbright has me buying new books…brother - he’s a “big boy,” meaning…I am writing during my lunch break…I’m going to go now because I…I am sick. I am truly addicted to…the last journal entry, although a while…forming more and more negative opinions about…beginning of things that I will be…to a lifestyle, a culture, a way of life…a worth on things. Always find out…I have wanted to do this for a while…Well I might as well make a list…the American culture – or at least favor…Shane, his cousin, and Nick came…I also thought about the “what ifs”…what character to expect when I talk to…funny, in the past I’d say that…your first impulse should be: 2:45 am?...finish it (the personal)…page paper that I’m turning into…you can tell if something is art…Some people’s lives change after art…soldiers. They must believe they are…All this time has passed…while I could with Nagyi. Waiting…I don’t have much time to write…God it feels good. I’ve lost too…I think my greatest strength is…so quickly and, as I have seen…in applying for a Fulbright. Everything…Today I thought about my goth…I had strong political convictions, I’m…Its late and I have work tomorrow…I know that it sucks and I could’ve…When you hear the call to write…the natural human tendency to forget God…from it. It’s a difficult read, but…I have to write at least once…common and are the most alike…For what do we do this?...You don’t want to write for…And finally reading the New…Why do I press on so hard?...that one might always calculate in…things grow through caring…I just finished Dante’s Divine…human understanding, I feel more…Today was so amazing, I’m just…that I really didn’t want to…since February (in real life I am…money I have ever won…So did my prayer have anything…”We will always be at war”…Excellent job by Bush…very happy guy in 2013. I’ll…Does God want us to be productive…I really need to prepare for…Write down dream about…I steadily built up my rhythm…of joy, I woke up. But as I…I know now why I was…I’m actually quite sad right…they appreciated the highest high…inherently bad, but I believe…My Mom is way too proactive

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Wood said...

It's interesting how we think isn't it? We go from the mundane and every day to life long issues in nanoseconds and labor on with some while discarding a million others. I just hit you up b/c eyedea's in your profile. Check me out too if you want. Good Luck!!!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker